piquete: [pi-ke-te] the name given to road-cutting protests used as a pressure tactic.
In argentina, in the 90s, the piquete merged as a form of mass protest. it was used by the organizations of the un employed, also known as the piquetero movement. The media usually pictures them as violent men with masks and baseball bats, although the majority of its members are actually women. water salt flour pays a visit to the women of the ctd (coordinator of the unemployed workers) anibal verón,and follows their work in the community kitchens.
The barricade closes the streets but opens the way.
AWARDS / EVENTS
- International Filmmor Women’s Film Festival, online edition, Turkey, 2020
- Yılmaz Güney Honourary Award, Turkey, 2012
- Which Human Rights Film Festival, Turkey, 2012
- Occupation of Starbucks in Boğaziçi University, Turkey ,2012
- International Filmmor Women’s Film Festival, Turkey, 2012
- International Labour Film Festival, Turkey, 2012
- International Flying Broom women’s Film Festival, Turkey, 2012
- Ulus Baker Meeting, Turkey, 2012
- Datçabetçe Film Screenings, Turkey, 2012
Co-Director: Bettina Frese
Producer: Helene Gabrielle Adams
Camera: Özlem Sarıyıldız,
Montage: Özlem Sarıyıldız, Bettina Frese
Executive Producer: Gabriel Kudric
Consultants: Alberto Agustin Kudric, Maria Elena Marson
Translation: Zekine Türkeri, Ethel Odriozola
supported by la Fondation Jeanne Sauvé